Monday, October 20, 2008

another sickie in the family

yesterday we realized R has shingles. I cried. Mostly because we are both trying to be so strong for each other and for the kitty. I knew we were both stressed, but to me his shingles is a clear indicator that it's taking a physical toll on him. And I feel bad. He's also stressed about returning to work after his injury, and the increased appointments for physical therapy and other doctor follow-ups. It just means needing to be up and out earlier than normal, and having even longer days than usual.

I left the living room where Kyra was chillin on the couch, cause I didn't want to upset her by crying. Within a few minutes, both of the other kitties were on the bed with me. They were worried that I was crying. Such sweet pets we have.

A good note about Kyra, she is drinking some water on her own, and pooping almost daily. There were some tense days where we waited for her to poop, but now she seems to be a bit more regular.

Tomorrow is the follow up blood test at the vet, and I am anxious about it. We need to know the information it provides to see if she's fighting this illness, but I know I will feel sad if her numbers are worse from the last check. I'm trying to prepare myself for whatever the outcome is, and not to obsess about it, cause my stressing won't change it.

1 comment:

Melissa Lynn said...

I am praying you get good news tomorrow! I hope Richard is feeling a lot better by then, too.