Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Update 10/8/08 lunchtime

R and I headed over to see Kyra at lunch today. She was a little more perky than yesterday, and was really happy to see us and get some attention. She really wanted to get out of the cage!

She has pooped (a small victory i think), and remains on fluids and antibiotics. I noticed that she was still sort of yellow in the ears. I've tried not to do too much internet research, but a quick search told me that the jaundice can take a while to clear up. I know both of us were hoping that she'd be back to herself and not yellow, but it's good to know that it's a process. I did a little syringe feeding, and they told me they would do some more. I didn't want to give her too much food and make her vomit, poor girl!

The doc is going to re-check her bilirubin levels tomorrow, which will give an indication if there is an improvement from Saturday's blood test. It's hard to keep waiting, and not having difinitive answers, but it's good to see small improvements and that she's being well cared for.

No comments: