Saturday, October 25, 2008

ups and downs

Kyra is still hangin in there. Her mood is good, we've found some foods she will eat on her own, and we are hand feeding her twice a day. It's definitely sad to have a sick pet, but I am focusing on enjoying the time all of us spend together.

Also, the other two are getting lots of love from us too. They know something is wrong with Kyra, and mostly avoid her, but since she is getting so much attention from us, we're making sure to give them extra attention too.

I've found some great syringes at Walgreen's that make the feeding go much smoother, and I also picked up some disposable Pampers bibs, which helps control the messiness. Not only is it less messy but it means less cleanup afterwards, and cleaning messy food from a furry kitty face is challenging.

Her current meds are prednisone and marin, which contains milk thistle and vitamin E, and is supposed to provide natural support. We are always looking at her ears and eyes to see if the jaundice has decreased, and intermittently I think it's improved or hasn't changed. It's hard, cause I definitely WANT to see it change, I just don't know if it is.

1 comment:

Melissa Lynn said...

I have been thinking of you and Kyra. Hope you can update again soon. *hugs*